Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Ma Peche

Dinner tonight was at David Chang's Ma Peche, part of his Momofuku group of restaurants, which means Lucky Peach.

I'd been hoping to go to one of David Chang's restaurants before departing NYC and I'm so glad we did. Not only did we meet a lovely Australian couple who happened to be sitting next to us, the food was also fantastic.

I started with the summer rolls and dipped them into a chilli sauce that had a good kick to it. I selected another entree as my main as I really wanted to try the soft shell crab, which was delicious.
I was also saving room for dessert as I wanted to try David Chang's famous crack pie.
This pie is famous for a reason, it is sublime. It comprises of an oatmeal cookie crust and a butterscotch filling with a salty sweet flavour. Heaven.
Oh NYC, I'm missing you already.

http://www.momofuku.com/