Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 18, 2011

Esca

Mario Batali's Esca was a restaurant I was intent on visiting whilst in NYC as a number of foodies had highly recommended it to me.
I am so pleased I did as the food in this southern Italian trattoria is fantastic.

Upon arrival we received a delicious complimentary amuse bouche of white beans on toasted ciabatta.

I started with the calamari. It was so tender and so beautifully presented.


For my main, I couldn't go past the house made fettucine with scallops. The pasta was very light and worked so well with the scallops that were perfectly cooked.



Spring vegetable salad.




We shared two incredible desserts. The first, a pineapple upside down cake with coconut icecream, mint and lime curd.



The second was a divine semifreddo with candied almonds.



Esca is a wonderful restaurant that showcases beautiful fresh seafood, has great service and some pretty amazing desserts too.
http://www.esca-nyc.com/


Whilst on the subject of Mario Batali's restaurants, I must mention Eataly located on Fifth Avenue.

It is a foodie's paradise that includes a number of restaurants, a gelato bar, a cafe, a bakery, a deli, fresh produce, gourmet products, the list goes on. They have also recently opened a rooftop bar.