Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Madness

I've been in a foodie whirlwind this last week and revisited two of my favourite restaurants, District Dining and later in the week House.

This was my third visit to District Dining and it just keeps getting better and better. Great service and delicious food. The prawn spring rolls that are new on the menu are possibly the lightest and yummiest I have ever eaten.The food is interesting, has something for everyone and is beautifully presented.

I can say the same for House. This is the sister restaurant to Spice I Am. House food is loaded with chilli and really does pack a punch. Their use of lemongrass, chilli and coriander adds such a depth of flavour to the dishes. But be prepared, the food is hot, super charged chilli hot. Don't forget to save room for their divine toasted brioche dessert with pandan icecream and palm sugar syrup, sublime.

I was invited to a Christmas lunch at Le Pelican on Bourke St, Surry Hills during the week.
It was packed on a weekday lunchtime and I can understand why as the food is beautiful.
I had seared scallops to start followed by flathead pie with a soubise sauce. My dessert was an incredibly light mango souffle with yoghurt ice cream. I wish all lunch breaks were this good!

http://lepelican.com.au/about/