Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 31, 2011

Rick Stein at Bannisters

I was lucky to have a couple of days off work late last week so we headed down the south coast.
Our first stop for Thursday night was my much anticipated visit to Rick Stein at Bannisters in Mollymook.

The accommodation is small but beautifully furnished and the view is incredible, views straight out to the ocean with the infinity pool directly below.
The restaurant was packed at dinner time and stretched the staff to the limit. The service was very friendly but slow due to the lack of staff on the floor that night.

Luckily the food more than made up for it. We started with half a dozen oysters natural which were beautiful and fresh.



For mains we had the fish stew and the fish & chips. The fish stew had a full bodied flavour and was every bit as good as a traditional bouillabaisse.




The fish & chips were so yummy with a twice cooked batter. No wonder Rick Stein is famous for these!


Next time I will make sure I save room for dessert. I can't wait to return.
http://www.bannisterspointlodge.com.au/index.php/component/content/article/88


On the way home we dropped in at the Berry Sourdough Bakery. I just adore this place.
The food is so yummy and the bread has a cult following (almost all of it was sold out by midday)



The gnocchi with cherry tomatoes, sage and ricotta was delicious and I picked up an olive and thyme sourdough to take away with me. The coffee is good too.



I almost forgot to mention a discovery I made in Ulladulla. It's a little organic bakery called Jasper Peel Breads just off the main street that is nothing to look at from the outside but sells fantastic organic breads. The organic sourdough baguette I had would be hard to beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment