Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Balthazar

Lunch yesterday was at the iconic French bistro Balthazar in SoHo.
I was so thrilled to finally be dining there, the atmosphere is fantastic, the service spot on and the food incredible.

I kicked off with the most divine cucumber and basil martini.
My entree was the special of the day which was a chilled corn soup with basil and lobster.
The flavour of the soup was so delicious and the lobster took it to a whole other level.
My main was the homemade fettuccine with prawns and greens. This certainly was some of the freshest pasta I have ever tried.

I couldn't go to Balthazar without having dessert, and I'm so glad I did.
The caramelised banana ricotta tart with homemade banana icecream was out of this world.
The mint leaves on top cut through the richness and added a fresh burst of flavour.
This is the kind of restaurant where you don't want the meal to end as the whole experience is wonderful. Balthazar, you certainly were worth the wait.

http://www.balthazarny.com/