Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 6, 2011

The Spotted Pig

The Spotted Pig gastropub in the West Village has been on my to do list since I arrived in NYC.
Widely considered as a super cool destination, I anticipated a lengthy wait for a table, but was pleasantly surprised when we managed to get one upon arrival.
It was buzzing inside with a fantastic atmosphere.

My mission was clear, to try The Spotted Pig's famous gnudi with brown butter and sage.
Gnudi is a lighter cousin to gnocchi, made with ricotta.
Seeming I adore good gnocchi, this dish was my idea of heaven. The gnudi were so light and delicious, the brown butter and sage sauce the perfect match.
No wonder this dish has received so many mentions, it is incredible.

The burgers look fantastic too with their super skinny fries.
The Spotted Pig ticks all the boxes, great service, great atmosphere and incredible pub food.

http://www.thespottedpig.com