Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 30, 2012

Encasa Deli

I've been lucky to have this afternoon off and thought I would drop in to Encasa Deli on Bathurst Street in the city for lunch.
This recently opened deli is an offshoot of Encasa spanish restaurant on Pitt Street.
There is a huge range of cheeses, jamon, olives, the list goes on.

At Encasa Deli, it's all about the bocadillos, a baguette (from Brasserie Bread no less) with a range of fillings such as grilled chicken, chorizo, pork, omelette or the one I had, calamari with aioli.
The fresh, lightly fried calamari was delicious on the baguette, the aioli a perfect match.

I will aim to drop in on a Saturday next time to catch the chef doing a paella cooking demonstration and I look forward to trying some of the other delicious sounding bocadillos.

http://www.encasadeli.com.au/

On the way back through Surry Hills, I just had to get a coffee from Single Origin Roasters on Reservoir Street.
I've had the pleasure of getting a caffeine fix from here twice this week.
It's such a shame they aren't open on weekends.
Their coffee is incredible and has a reputation for some of the best coffee in Sydney.
It's a neck and neck race between this place and fellow Surry Hills cafe Di Bella for me.